Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Summer Magic


I have just come back from a very good little vacation. I rarely take time off but following so many changes and  the anniversary of last year's big move I was pleased to accept an invitation from my brother Dan and his wife Donna, to be away in the beautiful Interlake area of Manitoba, where they have a cozy little cottage.  Working as an intuitive reader, it's important to sometimes pause and have periods for reflection and re-aligning.
We did a lot of hiking, saw deer, eagles, pelicans (no bears this time) and other wildlife. Dan and I played cribbage in honor of my Dad (it was his favorite game) and reminisced about the times we had at the lake as children. We went up to Hecla Island, had lunch at the beautiful resort, stopped and bought Vineterta (an Icelandic dessert) and fresh Pickerel and Goldeye from the local fishermen.
It's easy to see the magical pull of this place. It creatively inspires and the elemental forces of nature and spirit are so powerful. It was just what I needed. I'm glad to be home and feel re-charged and content. Here are some further pictures of this magical part of our province, sometimes referred to as "New Iceland":