Friday, September 24, 2010

Winnipeg stories, a unique Winnipeg tarot deck, AND readings for charity

Some local Winnipeg Artists and entertainers have come up with an interesting way to collect stories about Winnipeg, combining Tarot iconography with quirky Winnipeg symbolism, they're donning turbans and will be visiting locations throughout the city exchanging readings for people to tell their stories. The original deck is worth checking out and will be available for sale. More on this to be found here:
http://winnipegtarotco.ca/

One of the things I like about Winnipeg is that we have a rich history of readings being both a fun and at the same time useful resource. Many people have readers in their family history, people that didn't necessarily do this as a profession but still either worked with this gift or appreciate those who do. I think most people view it as something fairly down to earth. There are some great local resources for Tarot and intuitive study that don't charge unreasonable amounts and rank among some of the best in the world. Most Winnipeg readers are pretty ordinary folk who read constructively. Many of us who do work professionally also do some free (pro-bono) work and will also donate our time free of charge for charities etc. I frequently do shorter "psychic fair" style readings at events put on by Gio's Cares, a charity that helps people living  with HIV / AIDS. I usually post to this site when these are upcoming.

Part of doing what I do for as long as I have is having the ability to laugh at myself. I take what I do seriously, but I have to take me with a grain of salt and good friends help with that too, - (thanks Charley, particularly for your insights lately :).

And no, I don't own a turban ;)