Friday, July 2, 2010

A funny little interview

I try to keep a sense of humor when dealing with the random calls that come through from the press. Often around Friday the 13th or New years they go through the phone book and ask for predictions. I also find that (like a lot of people's perceptions) there is the immediate assumption that I am a fortune teller, a clairvoyant, a person who would be able to explain the ancient Mayans or any number of things. I try to be good natured with these assumptions, it goes with the turf, but I also am pretty clear about my own limitations and boundaries. The following is a good example of that. I should mention too that I was slightly misquoted on two things; I dont run Blackletter Books, I work co-operatively within that business and I don't implicitly trust Environment Canada, I use it as a resource that I take with a grain of salt (just as I'm sure a lot of the people I see make use of what I offer)
Interview about the weather - Winnipeg free Press